New European legislation is allowing Orwell's Ipagoo to rewrite banking by allowing customers to manage accounts in multiple countries and different currencies, the company's co-CEO tells Jane Cooper.
Latest articles from Banking
The impact of low oil prices on Saudi Arabia's banks in 2014 was negligible, as they posted stellar figures. And the sector looks to be in a good position to continue to thrive, says James King, a testimony to its prudent management.
Born out of social innovation in the 19th century, Europe's co-operative banking model is now struggling to stay relevant in an increasingly globalised, technology-driven and heavily regulated banking market. Silvia Pavoni looks into ways the model can stay afloat.
The banking licences being granted to private companies in China look set to shake up the country's financial sector, with its 'big four' lenders coming under pressure from tech-savvy newcomers with a strong customer network, such as Alibaba and Tencent.
Kuwait’s banks are slowly recovering from the global financial crisis and bankers are optimistic for 2015. However, issues remain, including high exposure to the real estate market, outstanding debt settlements and a funding shortfall for the country’s SMEs.
As crowd-funding becomes an established form of investing, banks are looking at ways to take on these crowd-funders, whether it be by collaboration or competition.
Already on the way to recovery after a crisis in 2012, Vietnam’s banks now face further challenges in the shape of the increased competition that integration of the Asean Economic Community will bring about.
The Land Bank of the Philippines is working with small farmers and fishermen to promote inclusive growth and improve their quality of life, in even the most devastating of situations.
A steady, sustainable growth story; an underbanked population; a key player in the Asean region; solid financial regulation; an embracing of PPPs to tackle huge infrastructure needs; and a nascent asset management industry. The Philippines is awash with opportunity for lenders, but who will take advantage?
Top 500 Banking Brands
Most popular content
- Could fixing the old crisis make the next crisis more painful?
- How reform has revamped Mexico's banking market
- The Banker Top 500 banking brands 2015 Global Press release: For immediate release
- The top five banks in Japan
- The Banker Top 1000 World Banks 2014 rankings - UK Press release: For immediate release
The Banker Top 1000 World Banks 2014
Most popular videos
- Top 1000 World Banks 2014 results
- Chapter 1 of 4: Integrating risk and finance; Data management
- Transaction Bankers: BAML's Kevin Phalen
- Interview with Ron Caton, americas head, global financial institutions, Wells Fargo - View from IADB 2015
- Interview with Jingdong Hua, vice president and treasurer, IFC - View from IADB 2015