Both the EU and New York are looking to bring digital currencies under a full regulatory regime, but their approaches are rather different.
Examining the banking regulations that make you mad
Is a piece of banking regulation making you incandescent with Reg Rage? Email your suggestions for the next Reg Rage to email@example.com
Legal battles over MasterCard and Visa’s interchange fees have raged for years in various markets around the world, but now the European Commission is pushing ahead with legislation that will cap the level of the fees, which will have major repercussions for card-issuing banks and the payments market.
The fundamental review of the trading book set out to simplify the capital management of market risk, but has ended up drifting away from the reality of the business.
The US Federal Reserve’s proposals to implement the liquidity coverage ratio component of Basel III involves hitting their deadline sooner than Basel's recommendations and tighter definitions of liquid assets.
Most popular videos
- Brexit challenges and opportunities - Chapter 1: Doing business in uncertain times
- Brexit challenges and opportunities - Chapter 2: The political landscape
- Top 1000 World Bank 2016 results
- Tech Talk: interview with Danny Aranda, European managing director at Ripple
- The EU Funds Transfer Regulation 2015 – Chapter 2: Scope and requirements