Mobile money accounts are growing in numbers but a large proportion of them remain dormant. More must be done to integrate the e-wallet model with conventional payment systems.
Latest articles from Leaders
The lifting of sanctions on Iran so far has been met by a combination of nervousness and inactivity by Western banks. If the lifting of sanctions in the country is to be a success, however, someone must blink first.
Serbia, Slovenia and Greece are all considering selling-off assets, but must not let public anger derail the privatisation process.
Progress in cleaning up offshore financial centres should be driven by international jurisdictions not the leaking of documents.
Most popular content
Most popular videos
- Top 1000 World Bank 2016 results
- Chapter 1 of 4: Beyond digital: winning in a challenging environment
- Chapter 1 of 4: Client challenges and the art of the possible – in risk & compliance and payments; The art of the possible in risk, compliance and payments
- Chapter 2 of 4: Beyond digital: Becoming The Cognitive Bank
- View from IMF: Interview with Abdourahmane Cissé, budget minister, Côte d’Ivoire