While interest rates remain low, infrastructure investment makes more sense than ever.
Latest articles from Leaders
US president-elect Donald Trump may not get his wish to repeal Dodd-Frank, but he has plenty of power to appoint regulators who share his light-touch views.
China could benefit if the US makes good on its threat to pull out of Trans-Pacific Partnership by strengthening its standing in the Asia-Pacific region. But neighbours trading with the giant could risk ceding political power.
Mobile money accounts are growing in numbers but a large proportion of them remain dormant. More must be done to integrate the e-wallet model with conventional payment systems.
The lifting of sanctions on Iran so far has been met by a combination of nervousness and inactivity by Western banks. If the lifting of sanctions in the country is to be a success, however, someone must blink first.
- Digital trends driving bank innovation - Chapter 1: Innovating to stay ahead
- Top 1000 World Bank 2016 results
- Forging a digital future – Chapter 1: Implementing a digital strategy
- Forging a digital future – Chapter 2: The future of digital banking
- Digital trends driving bank innovation - Chapter 2: Keeping pace with digital expectations