The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development's managing director for the southern and eastern Mediterranean region, Hildegard Gacek, explains how expertise and past experience are now enabling the EBRD to assist Egypt, Morocco, Jordan and Tunisia through a period of great economic and political change.
Latest articles from Viewpoint
The Philippines has enjoyed a lot of success in growing its microfinance market and pursuing financial inclusion. Moreover, widening the banking base has arguably had a positive effect on the country's overall financial stability.
Bank of Korea governor Choongsoo Kim tells Jane Cooper how he aims to bridge the gap at international meetings between emerging and developed economies, and how he plans to globalise South Korea’s central bank.
Colombia's finance minister, Mauricio Cardenas, tells The Banker about the country’s adoption of a new taxation regime aimed at addressing inequality, and why he believes other Latin American countries should be doing the same.
The World Bank's chief economist for Latin American and the Caribbean, Augusto de la Torre, discusses ways to increase the value of foreign direct investment in the region and how to manage short-term capital flows.
Most popular content
Most popular video
- Interview with Laura Cha, chairman of financial services development council, Hong Kong SAR Government
- Ch 1. The cost of staying ahead: Can banks afford it? - Staying ahead of the game
- Investment Banking Awards 2013 highlights
- Arun Jain, chairman and CEO, Polaris Financial Technology
- Chapter 2 of 4: Digitising Banking; Applying the principle of Big Paper to PPI