While volatility has affected equity and high-yield debt markets, HSBC's head of debt capital markets sees opportunities from increased volumes in China and green bonds.
Latest articles from People
John Moore, the head of Morgan Stanley’s Americas equity capital markets business, explains why identifying innovators is a key part of the job
Closer coordination with private banking and the integration of its brokerage are part of the strategy for a leaner, more focused Société Générale, its deputy head of corporate and investment banking tells Philip Alexander.
Sanjeev Kumar leads a corporate advisory team at RBS designed to maintain the ability to provide large corporates with strategic advice after the bank’s exit from mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets. He tells The Banker why talk is valuable.
Bringing vanilla investment banking products to emerging markets has proved a highly successful formula for Standard Chartered, and the model needs only modest refinement to cope with new regulations, according to its wholesale banking chief.
Citi’s co-heads of banking in Europe, the Middle East and Africa explain how the depth of post-crisis transformation carried out under outgoing CEO Vikram Pandit has left the business in a strong position in the regions.
The eurozone is now on the mend, according to BNP Paribas’ Frederic Janbon, but the new regulatory landscape will continue to change the debt business, bringing opportunities as well as challenges.
After an unprecedented wave of deleveraging and reorganisation, Royal Bank of Scotland’s head of markets and international banking for Europe, Middle East and Africa says the bank’s strategy for the future is now taking shape.
Global Risk Regulator
Most popular content
- The Banker Top 1000 World Banks 2015 ranking WORLD Press: IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- No rest for banks as fintech challenges loom large
- The bond bubble risk of cheaper corporate borrowing
- Top 1000 World Banks – Japanese banks struggle to grow in tough environment
- Bankers at a loss over IFRS9 provisioning rule
Most popular videos
- US interest rates
- Top 1000 World Bank 2015 results
- Interview with Erik Zingmark, deputy head of transaction products, Nordea - EuroFinance 2015 Copenhagen
- Chapter 1: The role of financial services in the UK economy
- Pre-IMF interview with Jean-Francois Tremblay, associate managing director, Moody's - View from IMF 2015