Tighter secondary market liquidity and more volatile interest rates make for a more challenging environment for the highest-rated issuers, but that has not stopped Deutsche Bank from leading two milestone deals already in 2014.
Latest articles from Deals
Société Générale CIB arranged a record large loan for PPF Group to buy out Telefonica's Czech subsidiary, and found plentiful liquidity in local currency.
Since raising its maximum maturity to 60 years in late 2012, the UK debt management office has issued three times beyond the 50-year mark.
A Slovenian privatisation process involving 14 different selling entities provided Houlihan Lokey's corporate finance team with a delicate challenge when helping a potential Austrian buyer.
In the past 18 months, RBS has been building out its hybrid issuance capacity, making new hires and reaching out to the largest investors. Its efforts started to pay off in 2013, when the bank notched up a number of mandates in the first six months of the year.
Most popular content
Most popular video
- Europe's banking regulation and supervision: a brighter 2014?
- Interview with Zoran Stavreski, minister of finance, Republic of Macedonia
- Chapter 1 of 4: Internationalisation of the renminbi; Trade and payments
- Chapter 1 of 4: Managing intraday liquidity in a changing regulatory environment; Dodd-Frank, EMIR and Basel III – what they mean for liquidity managers
- Interview with Luis Videgaray, minister of finance, Mexico