Brunon Bartkiewicz, the chief innovation officer at ING Bank, tells Joy Macknight about the spirit of innovation within the Dutch institution that reaches beyond the edges of its business.
Latest articles from People
The credit rating capabilities of peer-to-peer lending platform Zopa has proved to be more effective than those in many banks. Giles Andrews, the company's CEO, explains how the company has honed such technology and discusses the possibility of outsourcing it to banks.
Working with the maxim that there is big profit potential in big data, the global head of IT architecture at HSBC securities services and his team have spent the past 18 months experimenting with new technologies and now, he tells Dan Barnes, the bank is ready to launch a new suite of client-driven technology solutions.
Anthony Woolley, the UK chief information officer at Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking, sees technology making the markets safer but is keen to foster an environment in which innovation in IT solutions thrives.
Vakibank's five-year plan to upgrade its IT infrastructure and completely remake its core banking application is ambitious but, according to CIO Ali Engin Eroglu, it is vital if the bank is to keep pace with Turkey's technology-focused banking sector.
By the end of 2013, all of the Central and Eastern European Stock Exchange Group's exchanges will have upgraded their trading systems to Xetra. Michael Buhl, joint-CEO of the Vienna Stock Exchange and CEESEG, explains the importance of centralising systems while retaining a local identity.
Co-operative Financial Services's integration and change director, Phil Lee, tells The Banker how it is upgrading its core systems in the midst of a merger with Britannia Building Society.
Nomura's global head of IT infrastructure tells The Banker how a mammoth and swiftly completed datacentre migration project has saved the bank about £9m a year.
BNP Paribas Personal Investors has overhauled the way it manages, monitors and evaluates technology projects. IT manager Benjamin Mourrat explains how it was done.
Global Risk Regulator
Most popular content
- The Banker Top 1000 World Banks 2015 ranking WORLD Press: IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- No rest for banks as fintech challenges loom large
- The bond bubble risk of cheaper corporate borrowing
- Top 1000 World Banks – Japanese banks struggle to grow in tough environment
- Bankers at a loss over IFRS9 provisioning rule
Most popular videos
- US interest rates
- Top 1000 World Bank 2015 results
- Interview with Erik Zingmark, deputy head of transaction products, Nordea - EuroFinance 2015 Copenhagen
- Chapter 1: The role of financial services in the UK economy
- Pre-IMF interview with Jean-Francois Tremblay, associate managing director, Moody's - View from IMF 2015