US shale production has significantly altered the landscape of the global energy market. Ahead of the Institute of International Finance's annual spring meeting in Qatar, James King looks at how OPEC is responding to this seismic shift.
Latest articles from US
The US is working towards real-time payments, but will they actually be an improvement for banks?
The US Securities and Exchange Commission altered new rules for asset-backed securities to ease privacy concerns, but investors want more disclosure.
Investment banks have experienced huge changes since the global financial crisis and are still struggling to adapt their business models. But while the industry might have to make do with much lower returns in future, it is far from being on its knees.
The interest rate needed for low inflation and full employment is different from the interest rate needed for financial stability. How did this happen and what can be done about it?
Both the EU and New York are looking to bring digital currencies under a full regulatory regime, but their approaches are rather different.
Please select an area to explore
Global Risk Regulator
Most popular content
- Could fixing the old crisis make the next crisis more painful?
- How reform has revamped Mexico's banking market
- The Banker Top 500 banking brands 2015 Global Press release: For immediate release
- China's new tech-savvy banks: how private lenders could threaten the status quo
- The top five banks in Japan