Trading revenue in the US is expected to fall in the first quarter of 2016. However, 2015 was still the best year for trading since 2011.
Latest articles from US
Virtu Financial seems to have overcome the controversy surrounding high-frequency trading to achieve growing acceptance as an alternative market-maker at a time when bank dealers are shrinking. The company's senior vice-president, John Shay, explains its strategy.
Regulators in Europe and the US are still dealing with a backlog of cross-border problems in the over-the-counter derivatives market. Are these issues resolvable, and what is at stake if they are not? By Michael Watt.
The notional value of derivatives from US market participants dropped to the lowest levels since the financial crisis in the second quarter of this year, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency reports.
Order Now The Banker July edition
Join our community
Global Risk Regulator
Most popular content
- Top 1000 World Bank 2015 results
- The Banker Top 1000 World Banks 2015 ranking WORLD Press: IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- Ultimate beneficial ownership: where are we and what does the future look like?
- Top 1000 World Bank 2016 results
- John Gibbons, head of treasury services EMEA, J.P. Morgan - View from Sibos 2014