Olivier Perquel, the head of financing and global markets at Natixis corporate and investment banking, explains how the revived bank will grow in a shrinking world.
Latest articles from France
A bidding war between Chinese and Italian entrepreneurs for France's iconic Club Med holiday resort operator provided a test of nerves for the bankers, and even led to a change in French law.
Closer coordination with private banking and the integration of its brokerage are part of the strategy for a leaner, more focused Société Générale, its deputy head of corporate and investment banking tells Philip Alexander.
European securities will soon be settled on a central IT platform – Target2 Securities (T2S) – as part of the European Central Bank's initiative to harmonise post-trade standards. With the first wave of implementation scheduled for 2015, Duygu Tavan investigates how the T2S project is progressing and its consequences for the securities industry.
BNP Paribas CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé tells The Banker why the bank's diversification strategy – along product lines, sectors and geography – is at the heart of its downturn-defying performance of recent years.
The eurozone is now on the mend, according to BNP Paribas’ Frederic Janbon, but the new regulatory landscape will continue to change the debt business, bringing opportunities as well as challenges.
Global Risk Regulator
Most popular content
- The Banker Top 1000 World Banks 2015 ranking WORLD Press: IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- No rest for banks as fintech challenges loom large
- The bond bubble risk of cheaper corporate borrowing
- Top 1000 World Banks – Japanese banks struggle to grow in tough environment
- Bankers at a loss over IFRS9 provisioning rule
Most popular videos
- US interest rates
- Top 1000 World Bank 2015 results
- Interview with Erik Zingmark, deputy head of transaction products, Nordea - EuroFinance 2015 Copenhagen
- Chapter 1: The role of financial services in the UK economy
- Pre-IMF interview with Jean-Francois Tremblay, associate managing director, Moody's - View from IMF 2015