After almost two decades’ experience in a pure advisory bank, Sophie Javary is now looking to strengthen the corporate finance business of BNP Paribas, one of Europe’s largest lenders.
Latest articles from France
European securities will soon be settled on a central IT platform – Target2 Securities (T2S) – as part of the European Central Bank's initiative to harmonise post-trade standards. With the first wave of implementation scheduled for 2015, Duygu Tavan investigates how the T2S project is progressing and its consequences for the securities industry.
BNP Paribas CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé tells The Banker why the bank's diversification strategy – along product lines, sectors and geography – is at the heart of its downturn-defying performance of recent years.
The eurozone is now on the mend, according to BNP Paribas’ Frederic Janbon, but the new regulatory landscape will continue to change the debt business, bringing opportunities as well as challenges.
When Natixis sought to unwind its exposure to structured credit correlation and counterparty risks, it needed an independent adviser that could combine complex valuation skills with a merger and acquisition process. Moelis fitted the bill.
The Financial Transaction Tax introduced by France in August is intended to deter speculative investor behaviour, but the execution looks likely to miss the target.
Most popular content
Most popular video
- Trade finance securitisation
- Getting excited about innovation
- Chapter 1 of 4: Managing intraday liquidity in a changing regulatory environment; Dodd-Frank, EMIR and Basel III – what they mean for liquidity managers
- Interview with Philip Alexander, Senior Editor, The Banker - View from EBRD 2014
- Chapter 1 of 4: Internationalisation of the renminbi; Trade and payments