Tighter secondary market liquidity and more volatile interest rates make for a more challenging environment for the highest-rated issuers, but that has not stopped Deutsche Bank from leading two milestone deals already in 2014.
Latest articles from Profiles
The acquisition of UK brokerage Collins Stewart Hawkpoint by Canada's Canaccord Genuity gave Alexis de Rosnay the chance to fulfil his ambition of building a business, as the group aims to become a global mid-market investment bank.
With elections looming, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s next year as Nigeria’s finance minster promises to be even more demanding that usual. But she is determined to ensure that the country’s strong macroeconomic performance of recent years and reform agenda do not slip.
Euclid Opportunities has been created to fund and nurture financial technology start-ups, specifically those creating new tools and platforms in the post-trade space. The hope is, according to managing director Steve Gibson, that this growing portfolio of innovative companies will play a crucial part in the future financial technology environment.
Société Générale CIB arranged a record large loan for PPF Group to buy out Telefonica's Czech subsidiary, and found plentiful liquidity in local currency.
Liberia’s economy has come a long way since its devastating civil war ended 11 years ago, but it remains one of the world’s poorest countries. Amara Konneh, who won The Banker’s African Finance Minister of the Year award for 2014, tells Paul Wallace how the Liberian government is trying to change that.
Most popular content
Most popular video
- Interview with Zoran Stavreski, minister of finance, Republic of Macedonia
- Europe's banking regulation and supervision: a brighter 2014?
- Chapter 1 of 4: Internationalisation of the renminbi; Trade and payments
- Interview with Luis Videgaray, minister of finance, Mexico
- Chapter 1 of 4: Managing intraday liquidity in a changing regulatory environment; Dodd-Frank, EMIR and Basel III – what they mean for liquidity managers