The Islamic finance industry continues to thrive despite falling oil prices in many of its key markets and regulatory changes that obstruct integration. As the sector matures, The Banker celebrate the industry’s finest in our Islamic Bank of the Year Awards 2016.
Latest articles from Awards
Just as the global markets show signs of a meaningful post-crisis recovery, major global events set things back again. But against a backdrop of tensions in Russia, a slowdown in China, the Syrian refugee crisis in Europe and the oil price hitting a historic low, a number of companies and banks have managed to churn out stellar deals. The Banker recognises them in 2016’s Deals of the Year awards.
Western Europe's slow growth, low-interest rate environment is not the most lucrative landscape for the region's banks, but this year's western European Bank of the Year winners have shown impressive levels of expertise and innovation to negotiate these difficult times.
Order Now The Banker July edition
Join our community
Global Risk Regulator
Most popular content
- Top 1000 World Bank 2015 results
- The Banker Top 1000 World Banks 2015 ranking WORLD Press: IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- Ultimate beneficial ownership: where are we and what does the future look like?
- Top 1000 World Bank 2016 results
- John Gibbons, head of treasury services EMEA, J.P. Morgan - View from Sibos 2014