The Deals of the Year 2016 winners from the Middle East.
Latest articles from Awards
Just as the global markets show signs of a meaningful post-crisis recovery, major global events set things back again. But against a backdrop of tensions in Russia, a slowdown in China, the Syrian refugee crisis in Europe and the oil price hitting a historic low, a number of companies and banks have managed to churn out stellar deals. The Banker recognises them in 2016’s Deals of the Year awards.
Western Europe's slow growth, low-interest rate environment is not the most lucrative landscape for the region's banks, but this year's western European Bank of the Year winners have shown impressive levels of expertise and innovation to negotiate these difficult times.
Slow growth across Europe and Western sanctions on Russia coupled to make 2015 a difficult year for many central and eastern European banks but those featured in this year's Bank of the Year awards remained nimble allowing them to produce impressive results.
Join our community
Global Risk Regulator
Most popular content
- Top 1000 World Bank 2015 results
- The Banker Top 1000 World Banks 2015 ranking WORLD Press: IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- Brexit campaign reveals EU over-regulation concerns among small business
- US secretary John Kerry’s Iran stance lacks credibility
- Interview with Eric Osiakwan, managing partner, Chanzo Capital - View from ARC 2016