Brunon Bartkiewicz, the chief innovation officer at ING Bank, tells Joy Macknight about the spirit of innovation within the Dutch institution that reaches beyond the edges of its business.
Latest articles from Technology
The low levels of penetration in mobile banking in Mexico are matched by underwhelming financial inclusion figures. Could a rise in the former bring about an improvement in the latter? Silvia Pavoni investigates.
Enormous progress is being made in the field of artificial intelligence, and the practical implications of this new technology are being felt in many areas of finance, but especially in wealth management. Can the distinctively traditional, highly personal private banks keep up with the robots? Silvia Pavoni investigates.
The second edition of The Banker’s Technology Projects of the Year awards celebrates the most innovative and transformational contributions to financial services technology around the world.
As the global banking community wakes up to NFC technology for enabling mobile payments, what are the key differences in deployment technologies that banks can choose to bring contactless payment services to market?
Philippe Denis, the chief digital officer of BNP Paribas Securities Services, built his first computer in 1978 at the age of 18, and it is this commitment to embracing new technology that is driving his work at the French company, from his innovative use of big data to hosting brainstorming sessions on blockchain technology.
Bitcoin’s blockchain is being hailed as revolutionary. But will the likes of UBS, ING and Nasdaq, who are exploring the potential of the technology, be able to overcome the challenges that remain, not least security and regulatory issues?
Remembering dozens of passwords is a nigh-on impossible task for most people, meaning they either forget them – and then have to endure lengthy re-registering processes – or write them down, thus increasing the risk of being hacked. A number of solutions to this 'password chaos' are becoming available, as Jane Cooper discovers.
Most popular content
- The Banker Top 1000 World Banks 2015 ranking WORLD Press: IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- No rest for banks as fintech challenges loom large
- The bond bubble risk of cheaper corporate borrowing
- Top 1000 World Banks – Japanese banks struggle to grow in tough environment
- Bankers at a loss over IFRS9 provisioning rule
Most popular videos
- US interest rates
- Top 1000 World Bank 2015 results
- Interview with Erik Zingmark, deputy head of transaction products, Nordea - EuroFinance 2015 Copenhagen
- Chapter 1: The role of financial services in the UK economy
- Pre-IMF interview with Jean-Francois Tremblay, associate managing director, Moody's - View from IMF 2015