At the end of April, Romania’s parliament approved a bill allowing borrowers to walk away from their mortgage debts. The Banker looks at mortgage holdings of the largest banks in the country.
Latest articles from Bank Trends
Lloyds is revealed as the largest participant in the Bank of England's funding for lending scheme, having drawn nearly half of all funds since the scheme began in 2012.
Large Canadian banks are facing a rise in impaired loans – with the exception of TD Bank – because of the oil and gas slump, with Scotiabank having the largest exposure to the sector and the Bank of Montreal the smallest.
European additional Tier 1 securities have been making the headlines lately, but they are still long way off from a worst-case scenario.
Order Now The Banker July edition
Most popular videos
- Top 1000 World Bank 2016 results
- Accelerating innovation in banking - Chapter 1: Pace of change in financial services
- Chapter 1 of 4: The new role of a correspondent banking provider: challenges and opportunities
- Tech Talk: interview with Accenture’s Owen Jelf about editing blockchain
- Tech Talk: interview with Kevin Mountford, CEO of PBF Solutions